How to Reserve an iPhone 5 For Next Day Pickup at your Local Apple Store
Steps to take to purchase an iPhone 5 with Next Day Personal Pickup at Apple retail stores.
Updated September 28, 2012
Reserve an iPhone 5 for local pick-up at your Apple Store.
At check out you will be able to choose an Apple Store for Pick Up of your iPhone 5
Apple is now allowing users to reserve an iPhone 5 for next day in-store pick up. This means you will not have to wait in line or go to the Apple Store without knowing whether they have any iPhone 5's in stock, in your selected color or GB model.
To reserve an iPhone 5, you are now able to use Apples reservation service which is available online every night from 10 PM to 4 AM local time (your local time). So essentially, you can reserve an iPhone 5 online at your local Apple Store location and pick it up the next day (Currently, the reserve hold will only last 1 day, but tyically in-store pickup reservations are good for two weeks).
Here's how you can reserve your iPhone 5 for next day Pickup at your local Apple Store:
- Go to the iPhone 5 page between 10 PM to 4 AM (your local time).
- Click on the "Buy Now" button in the upper right corner, then click on "Select an iPhone"
- At the Select an iPhone 5 page, choose a color, then choose a model, then choose your network carrier. Don't worry if it says "Available to ship: 3-4 weeks".
- Now in the Summary box located to the right, click on Continue.
- You will now either need to sign in to an existing account or create a new account. Click "Continue"
- If you are upgrading a phone, you will be taking to the "Check eligibility for your account" page. Enter your Wireless Number, Billing Zip Code, Last 4 Digits of Social Security Number, and Carrier Billing Password (if you have one), then click "Check Eligibility" button.
- Once you get to the Items in your cart check out page, you will then be able to choose a local store for pickup. Select "Pick up" and choose your local Apple Store. After you've made your selection it will tell you if the iPhone 5 is Available in stock at your selected Apple Store.
- Continue with the check out process.
- Once you've finally made your purchase, Apple will send you an email when your order is ready for pick up. "Please wait for a Pickup Notification email to arrive before coming to the Apple Store." In-stock items are typically available within an hour.
NOTE: The pick-up notification email: "We're ready for you.", which is sent out by Apple when you order is ready, should arrive by 7 or 8 AM in the morning.
To pick up your order, you'll need the payment card, or the order number and your valid photo ID. Items can only be picked up by the person whose name matches the billing contact name, or a person they've designated