How to Charge an iPhone Faster
Tips and Tricks to get your iPhone charged up fast!
September 28, 2014
Fastest way to charge iPhone is by plugging into Apple iPhone wall adapter.
So here's a few tips you can use to get your iPhone battery to charge faster than normal. Follow the suggestions below to get your iphone cell battery to go from an empty charge to a full charge in much less time.
- Turn OFF your iPhone -To charge your iPhone faster there is evidence that suggests turning off an iPhone will help it charge quicker. — so it's not using any power while it's juicing up — will cut down charge times. NOTE: iPhone may automatically get turned ON when you plug in the iPhone to charge.
- IF you don't want to completely power off your iPhone, then you should put the phone in Airplane Mode (To do so: Go to Settings -> then turn off Airplane Mode). This will stop your phone searching for a cellular and WIFI signal, which will help the phone charge faster.
- IF you need to have your phone ON to receive calls or texts, then do your best not to use phone while it's recharging.
- Use the iPhone Wall Charger - You will be able to charge your iPhone the fastest when it's plugged into a power outlet using the Apple USB power adapter, rather than using a USB port on your computer. Apple specificlly advises "for the quickest charge" you should "connect the device to a power outlet using the USB cable that came with the device and an Apple USB power adapter."
- Keep iPhone Cool while Charging - Extreme temperatures (HOT or COLD) can significantly degrade the iPhone batteries ability to hold a charge. But Apple has stated that "heat will degrade your battery's performance the most". So they recommend to "keep your iPhone out of the sun or a hot car (including the glove box)." Some iPhone cases and covers can be a problem if they trap heat. You may want to remove your iPhone from its case before charging, if you feel the phone gets hot while charging.
- Charge in Room Temperture - Apple adives to charge your iPhone near room temperture (22 degrees Centigrade or 72 degrees Farenheit).
To Speed up charging your iPhone using a computer or laptop USB:
- Plug in directly to the USB port on your Computer (Do NOT plug into a USB port on your Monitor)
- Don't sync the iPhone simultaneously while charging your iPhone.
- Remove any un-needed USB devices from your computer that may be drawing power while charging your iPhone.
- Keep your computer ON, and don't let it go into Sleep, Standby or Hibernation mode while trying to charge the phone because it may stop charging entirely or actually drain your iPhone's power in some cases.
To keep your iPhone Battery properly maintained follow this advice from Apple:
Apple recommends: "For proper maintenance of a lithium-based battery, it’s important to keep the electrons in it moving occasionally. Be sure to go through at least one charge cycle per month (charging the battery to 100% and then completely running it down)."