Answers » Categories » Jobs & Education

How do I go about getting a Real Estate License?

What do I need to do in order to get a Real Estate License?

1 Answer

Working as a real estate agent in the United States requires one to have a real estate license before anyone can start earning money in the real estate business. In every state in the U.S., all prospective real estate agents are required to complete a training course. Passing the real estate licensing exam is also a requirement.

All states in the U.S. require all would be real estate agents to complete adequate training but the amount of training each state requires differ. For instance, in New York prospective agents have to complete 75 hours of real estate training. In Texas, would-be real estate people must complete 180 hours of training. On the other hand, 60 hours of training is all that is required in Maryland and Pennsylvania.

Each state has its own approved methods of training given and requirements for would-be real estate people to follow before they acquire a real estate license. There are several states that keep a list of real estate courses and training providers. Some prospective real estate people opt for distance learning or through online courses. Some may opt to take the home study real estate courses which can be completed in only three weeks. The course would require the person to study intensively in preparation for the real estate licensure exam.

Typically, colleges offer real estate license courses where classes can be taken in a few hours a week in a period of three months or less. Those would be real estate people who are currently employed or busy with another career will benefit from this low-level time commitment.

The real estate courses being offered differ; some can be very convenient while others are not. The choice of school or program is a big factor in determining the percentage of passers in the real estate licensure exam. It is then necessary to look for the right program to get in order to pass the real estate licensure exam.

As soon as you pass the licensure exam, you will need to pay a fee for you to acquire the license. Then get yourself a broker as your sponsor. Do not assume though that the3 schooling is over once you have your license because in some states continuing education is a requirement in renewing the license.

Answer this question

by Anonymous - Already have an account? Login now!
Your Name:  

Your Answer:  
Source(s): (optional)

Enter the text you see in the image below
What do you see?
Can't read the image? View a new one.
Your answer will appear after being approved.

Ask your own question