How to @ Tag Your Friends on Facebook
Use the @ symbol to start tagging your friends in your status updates on Facebook.
Updated March 6, 2011
Tag friends in your Facebook Status updates using the @ symbol.
Facebook allows you to tag your friends in your status updates using the @ symbol. The tagging feature in facebook is similiar to that of Twitter, but you don't need to know your friends "@username" to use the tag. Instead follow these instructions to tag someone on facebook:
- In your facebook status message type the @ symbol and at least the first letter of their name.
- This will bring up a drop down list of your friends that have the letter(s) you typed in common. Note: The list only shows 5 friends, so you may need to type more letters to narrow down the friends that show up in the drop down list.
- Select the friend you want to tag.
- Once the friend is selected, the @ symbol will change to the name of the person.
- Then once you share your status message with everyone, their name will have a link back to their facebook profile.
- That's it