How to Create a Facebook Fan Page
Updated February 5, 2010
Create a Facebook fan page.
Fill out the form to create your new Facebook Page.
A Facebook Page is a public profile that allows you to share your business, products, favorite artist or public figure with Facebook users. Facebook makes it easy to create a "fan" page in just a few minutes
Here's how you can create a Facebook fan page:
- Go to the Create New Facebook Page here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php You can also find the Create a Page button (or Manage your existing Pages link) by going to: http://www.facebook.com/advertising/?pages
- On the 'Create New Facebook Page' select your Category (Local - Brand, Product, or Organization - Artist, Band, or Public Figure), then choose a selection from the drop down list. In this case, I'm going to create a Facebook page for this 'Website'.
- Now type in the Name of the Page. In this case I'm going to name it 'GotKnowHow'.
- Enter the words in the Security Check CAPTCHA box, then click Create Page button.
- If you are not logged into Facebook, you will be taken to the 'Create a Facebook Account' page, where you will be asked to either log in using an existing account. If you don't have an existing account you can select the option to create a new Facebook account.
- Once you are logged in, you will be sent directly to your newly created Facebook Fan Page.
You are now able to edit your Fan page profile, update your status and add pictures, just like you can in a regular Facebook account. If you need to manage your existing Facebook page simply go to the following url: http://www.facebook.com/pages/manage/