How to Fix ESPN Radio iPhone App after Upgrading to iOS 4.0
ESPN Radio iPhone app not working on OS 4.0?
Updated November 14, 2010
Delete ESPN Radio app in iTunes and delete the app on your iPhone.
Go to the iTunes Store -> search and find the ESPN Radio iPhone app, and click the "$2.99 BUY" button. NOTE: If you've bought the ESPN Radio app previously, you will not be re-charged. In the pop-up box, click the Buy button.
After clicking "Buy", you should recieve a message saying "You have already purchased this item. To download it for free, select OK"
Ever since upgrading my iPhone to iOS 4.0, the ESPN Radio app that I had downloaded previously stopped working. Basically, the ESPN Radio app would just freeze and shut down if I tried to access it and would never get past the stations are loading screen. Until today, I was just waiting for the ESPN Radio app to get a new update to support iOS 4. Well what I found out today is that last ESPN Radio app update on June 7, 2010, already supports iOS 4.0. However, you have to delete the old ESPN Radio app off your iPhone and remove it from iTunes, and then re-download the app.
Here's how to get the ESPN Radio app working on iPhone (or iPod) OS 4.0:
- Go to the Apps tab in iTunes, and right-click on the ESPN Radio app and select Delete. You will also want to Remove the ESPN Radio app off your iPhone.
- Now go to the iTunes Store tab in iTunes, and search for "ESPN Radio".
- Find the ESPN Radio app under iPhone Apps (or iPod), and click the "2.99 BUY" button. (You will not be re-charged again, if you previously purchased the iPhone app).
- In the pop-up box, click the "Buy" button.
- After clicking "Buy", you should recieve a message saying "You have already purchased this item. To download it for free, select OK", so click OK to download it again.
- Wait for the app to finish downloading, then resync your iPhone (or iPod).
So after going through this process, the ESPN Radio app should now work on iPhone 3G, 3GS and 4 with iOS 4.0 installed.
NOTE: I did run into a "Network is not in range" message the first time I tried to open up the ESPN Radio app and it appeared like the app still wasn't working on my iphone. So I had to shut the app down, and re-open it and finally the ESPN Radio started working. Finally...!!!