How to Add Xbox Live Gold Subscription Card to your Account
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
So I just received an Xbox Live Gold Subscription card in the mail and wanted to add the card to my existing Xbox Live account. Unfortunately, the directions on the back of the card seemed to be for the older Xbox dashboard, so at first I wasn't sure where I needed to input the Subscription Code on the back of the card to extend my Xbox Live existing subscription, which was set to expire in May. However, I found it's pretty simple to redeem the subscription card, just follow the directions below to add an Xbox Live Gold Subscription Card to your Xbox Live membership account.
- Turn on your Xbox 360 and go to the My Xbox menu.
- Then select the tab with your Xbox avatar/ gamer tag (it should be the second tab to the right of the Open Tray).
- In your Xbox Live account section, select Manage Account.
- Then select Redeem Code.
- You will now be prompted to "Enter the 25-character coder from your prepaid card", so go ahead and enter in the Subscription Code from the back of the card.
- Confirm that you want to Redeem the card.
- Your Xbox LIVE Prepaid card should now be added to your membership account (you may have to sign out, then sign back in to see the update in the membership area).