How to Make Sweet Baked Beans w/ Brown Sugar Recipe
Updated September 21, 2018
Sweet Baked Beans w/ brown sugar, sweet red peppers, and sweet onions.
These sweet baked beans made with brown sugar, sweet peppers and onions are super tasty, and can make a great side to compliment all sorts of meals, like hamburgers, hot dogs, fried chicken and more!
Here's how to make sweet baked beans with brown sugar. This recipe serves about 6 to 7 people.
- 2 Cans of Baked Beans (or roughly 30oz total) (recommend: B&M Original Baked Beans)
- 1/2 Onion (Sweet Vidalia onion or cooking onion) - diced
- 1/2 Red Pepper - diced
- 2 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar (Domino Dark Brown sugar)
- 2 TBspn of Ketchup
- (optional) Bacon - diced
- Dice the onion, and then heat in a pan to camelize the onions. If Brown Sugar is hard chunks, you can add the brown sugar to the pan with the onions to soften/liquify the sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, add 30oz. of Baked Beans, the diced Red Pepper, the onions, the brown sugar, and 2 TBsp of Ketchup, and then use a spoon to mix ingredients together.
- Pour mixed into a baking dish approx. 9" x 7" (CorningWare Oval Casserole Dish).
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. (Note: to keep more moisture in the beans, bake with glass top on the baking dish.)