How to Make Egg Salad Sandwich - Recipe
Recipe to make a delicious Egg Salad Sandwich.
Updated September 18, 2018
Slice eggs with egg slicer both width and length wise of egg.
Combine egg salad ingredients in bowl or container.
Want to make a quick and easy sandwich that's not only satisfying and tasty, but also healthy, then make yourself an egg salad sandwich using the recipe below. It's the perfect luchtime meal, and can go great with a side of macaroni salad or even some chips.
The egg salad recipe below is fairly standard, however as you'll notice I like using Miracle Whip instead of Mayonnaise for an extra little zing, but feel free to replace Miracle Whip with Mayonnaise if you prefer a more traditional egg salad. You may also add other toppings for a more unique taste. For instance, some popular toppings include sliced olives, slices of tomato, pickles (thin slices of Kosher Dill pickles), or lettuce on top.
- 8 hard-cooked eggs (sliced with egg slicer, both length and width)
- 4 tablespoons of Mayonnaise for traditional tasting Egg Salad (or alternatively use Miracle Whip for extra zing)
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1/8 cup finely chopped celery (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- sprinkle of freshly ground pepper to taste
- bread to make an egg salad sandwich (I like to use multigrain bread)
- Start by hard boiling 8 eggs. See: How to Hard Boil an Egg
- Slice eggs with egg slicer (both length and width wise of egg) and put in bowl.
- Combine and stir eggs, Miracle Whip, onion, celery, salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for around 2 hours to let flavors meld together.
- Spread about a 1/2 cup of egg salad onto bread (and top with a lettuce leaf if you prefer).
- Store the rest of the egg salad in a tupperware container in the refrigerator to eat later. That's it!