How to Make French Toast
A delicious meal that is not very hard to make.
Updated April 10, 2013
French toast with maple syrup and butter.
French toast is one of the easiest meals you can make for yourself that tastes great. To make this breakfast even better, make sure you have some real Vermont maple syrup on hand to pour on top of your French toast. Here’s how to make delicious French toast.
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla - (optional)
4-5 slices bread
2 tablespoons butter
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, milk and vanilla. Dip the slices of bread in the egg mixture on both sides and sauté with melted butter in a skillet on medium heat. Lightly brown the slices of bread on both sides. Makes two servings.
Toppings may include:
- Maple syrup – Real Vermont or Upstate New York maple syrup is the best.
- Cinnamon with sugar – Sprinkle a little bit on top of your French Toast for an extra bit of flavor.
- Whip cream – A little whip cream can really add to an already outstanding breakfast.
- Strawberries – French toast with strawberries is a delight, but don’t forget the whip cream.
- Fruit – You may also like your French toast with other fruits, like blueberries or raspberries.
- Powdered sugar – It can add a little something extra.