How to Configure Xbox 360 to Turn Off Automatically
Setup your Xbox 360 to shut off automatically in order to save power and be more energy efficient.
Updated January 16, 2010
Enable auto-off to turn off your Xbox 360 console after 6 hours of inactivity.
In this Xbox 360 tutorial, you'll learn how to turn off your Xbox 360 automatically and make it more energy efficient to save you power. Here's how:
- Turn on your Xbox 360.
- Press the 'Guide' button on your controller.
- Go to the 'Settings' tab -> then choose 'System Settings'
- Now choose 'Console Settings'
- On the Console Settings screen, scroll down and select the 'Shutdown' menu.
- On the Shutdown screen, enable 'Auto-Off'. By enabling Auto-Off, your Xbox 360 console will automatically turn off after 6 hours of inactivity.
Once you've enabled Auto-Off, you will no longer have to worry about turning off your Xbox 360, when you've forgotten to do so manually.