How to Choose an Online Weight Loss Plan
Updated September 3, 2010
Take control and start losing weight with the help of an online weight loss program.
Deciding to lose weight is the first step to taking back control on your life. Choosing the right online weight loss program is the second step. Now is not the time to play it safe – you need to take action to change your life. Unfortunately, with such a variety of online communities out there, it can be slightly overwhelming to make a decision. Here are a few ways to narrow your search down to factors that are important to you.
- Create a list of what you need your online community to have, such as forums or support rooms, online meal plans, online fitness planners, access to professional opinions in the form of personal trainers or nutritionists, among other things. Determining what is important to you is critical because it will give you a clear outlook of what you want to achieve.
- Look at various programs online that interest you and that you feel you could actually commit to. If a low carb diet sounds good right now, but you know that you won’t be able to stick with it, don’t do it. It is much easier on you, and your ego, if you choose something you agree with and know that you can maintain, such as the Mediterranean diet. Think positive lifestyle change.
- Compare costs from one plan to another. Some sites will offer help to you for free while others will make you pay for it. Don’t always go by what you read first; take the time to do your research and understand what you are purchasing before you push the confirm button.
- Make sure that your chosen plan offers resources such as free exercise videos, health related articles, fitness and meal tracking documents, body fat or BMI calculators, etc. The more resources that you are provided, the easier it becomes to stick on your path. Having the tools right beside you is an important factor to consider when making your decision.
- Do not ever join a community because you felt pressured. You will not stick with it and will only be wasting your hard earned money.
- Try to pick something that has 24/7 access because you never know when a craving might hit or a question you have might require an answer.