Answers » Categories » Home & Garden

What's the Difference between Townhouse and Condo insurance policies?

Difference between a Townhome and Condominium designation on insurance policy?

1 Answer


Generally town-homes have to be insured personally on an HO3 policy by the owner (just like any regular free standing house), whereas Condos are insured personally on an HO6 policy. The difference really comes down to if there is a master policy providing building coverage or not. Generally with town-homes the answer to that is no, and with Condo’s it’s yes. That then dictates which personal coverage is needed.

Answer this question

by Anonymous - Already have an account? Login now!
Your Name:  

Your Answer:  
Source(s): (optional)

Enter the text you see in the image below
What do you see?
Can't read the image? View a new one.
Your answer will appear after being approved.

Ask your own question