So if you get to the last step in setting up your MusicCast 20 speakers as surrounds in the Musiccast app, and get the following pop-up box that says something like: " Setup failed with following devices: (-607000000 Left speaker)"
Here's what to do:
1) Unplug both speakers, turn off receiver, turn off your iPhone (mobile phone), turn off your WiFi router, and turn off your Modem... (essentially, unplug everything, then plug back in the Modem, Router, Receiver, and Speakers...in that order) NOTE: I've also had success just unplugging both MusicCast 20 speakers and replugging them back in.
2) Now Plug back in all devices (or turn on all the devices back on)... wait a few minutes for router and modem to boot up.
3) After the speakers turn on, you should only see 1 light on the Speaker (the Wifi light should be bright)
4) Now open up the Yamaha MusicCast app on your phone, and try the Surround sound setup again.
5) Hopefully, setup will succeed this time, and you'll get a "Setup success" popup box, instead of the error code popup box. You should now see 2 lights on the Speaker, (the Wifi light, and the Connect light).
I'm not sure why, but this seems to work... let's hope Yamaha can come up with a better error code message to better understand the problem or they fix this issue so that you don't have to go and unplug everything and restart your devices.
For more info, also check out Audioholics forum here.