How to Add Email Addresses to Safe Senders Whitelist in Windows Live Hotmail
Windows Live Hotmail allows you to manage who is allowed to send you e-mail. Messages from safe senders will not be sent to the junk e-mail folder.
If you use Windows Live Hotmail, at some point you may want to add an email address or domain to your safe senders list (whitelist). This will insure that you will continue to receive emails from the sender's address without the them going to the spam or junk folder.
Here are instructions on how to make sure our emails can get to you and past spam filters in Hotmail.
- Log in to you Hotmail account.
- Click the 'Options' button (top left of web page), then in the drop down menu click 'More options' to go to the Hotmail Options page.
- Under the 'Junk e-mail' section, click the 'Safe and blocked senders' link.
- Now click on 'Safe senders' link.
- From the Safe senders page, type in the email address or domain you want to whitelist into the 'Sender or domain to mark as safe' text box, then click the 'Add to list' button.
- That's it!
Note: If the email address you want to whitelist is coming from a mailing list, then you may want to add it to the Safe mailing lists. To do this go to the 'Safe and blocked senders' web page, click on the 'Safe mailing lists' link, then just add the email address to your 'Safe mailing lists'.