How to Change or Reset the Default Search Engine in IE9
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
In this quick tip, I'll show you how to change the default search engine provider in Internet Explorer 9. By default, Bing is the preset search provider in IE9, but you can change this to Google, Yahoo, or another search engine if you like.
Here's how to change or reset the default search engine provider in IE9:
- On the menu bar in IE9, click on Tools (or click on the "Tools" icon located on the top right-hand corner of IE9)
- Then click Manage Add-ons.
- In the Manage Add-ons pop-up box, in the left-hand menu, select Search Providers.
- Now in the right-hand menu, click on the search engine you would like to have as your default, such as Google.
- Click Set as default, to save your changes.
Note: If you don't see Google or Yahoo listed in the Search Providers section, you can add them to IE9. To add more search providers go here: http://www.iegallery.com/en/addons/?feature=searchproviders